Shades of Wyldemor

Shades of Wyldemor
Click on the banner for a visit

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hearts and Dinosaurs


When my boys were little, we would each decorate a brown lunch bag with our name a few days before Valentines day...Covered with hearts and Valentine greetings, they also included dinosaur and G.I. Joe stickers, giving some uniqueness and individuality to each persons creation... Truly Masterpieces!!! (from a Mothers point of view) The seven bags were taped onto the chair rail in my kitchen... Each of us would address a Valentine and slip it into the bag for every family member. ...On Valentines day I would fill them with candy, nuts and little treats....Time passed and legos and action figures were boxed away. Footballs, gym-shoes, backpacks filled my entryway... I insisted we still celebrate Valentines Day...There was an occasional "Mom, you got to be kidding" truly good sports they tolerated a memory their Mama treasured. So, a brown paper lunch bag was decorated by each of them as teenagers...each one with his name and a quickly scribbled heart, I seem to remember one that was identified as "Joe The Great"...to hang in the kitchen...on the chair rail...for Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment